Often the only thing that a new gambler would do well to have after getting past the basics and winning a few games are some solid tips to help them be focused. Essentially, roulette is a game of chance but there are a couple of tips to help increase your odd.
Here are a few of my top tips for roulette, which although might not make you rich overnight, should put you on the right track for getting a more viable win lose ratio:
– Find out the table limits. Each roulette table will have its own minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting five dollars and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my 2nd tip. Only bet what you are ready to. Serious gamblers don’t bet to show off, they bet to make a profit, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a good idea to give yourself a set amount of how much you are willing to lose before walking away, so you don’t have to remortgage your house.
– Get warmed up and get a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s straightforward and gives you that gut feeling of how much you like the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. Novice gamblers often allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place while accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move your chips where you want!
– You will be surprised how many dealers get in to a predictable and repetitive fashion of releasing the ball and you can at times find it easier to predict where it lands. Some dealers also alternate certain types of releases
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European roulette with only one zero. It gives you better odds as American roulette has two zeros. Both types of tables are found in the US so you don’t have to worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For instance, when 6 blacks have gone in a row your mind may start saying (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Get familar with the game on a free fun table.
– Make an effort to preserve your bankroll. After you have a reasonable amount of winnings, only bet with them and keep your original balance safe. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It is better to use well known online casinos as you can’t see the inner workings of a website. They may not be choosing numbers at random or could just make you lose every time.
In general, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the excitment but don’t let it destroy your life.